Thursday 19 January 2012

My first ever creations were inspired whilst attending VW Festivals back in 2009.  My family and I have had a passion for VW's for years and after going through a huge loss in October of 2009 my whole outlook on life change.  I decided to live for today.

I had never been a lover of camping but decided to throw caution to the wind and booked a full weekend at Big Bang (A VW festival held at Santa Pod) with some other close family friends.  We had an absolute ball,  I was able to unwind and enjoy time with my family.

On my return I got out my sewing kit and started creating these key rings.


I then took it upon myself to book a festival in Bristol, I know I'm from Yorkshire so one hell of a trek to try out my new venture, and I have to say from start to finish it was a disaster but there was no way I was gonna pack it all in.  Instead it just made me more determined, so as well as key rings and magnets I then put my creations on baby gro's and adult hoodies and booked more festivals.


I knew it was a risk but you know nothing ventured nothing gained.  At this time I actually owned a Lingerie boutique so a lot of juggling had to be done, but with the support from my wonderful family we did it.  In 2011 I decided to turn LOVE Felts into my full time career.  I closed down my lingerie business and went full on promoting LOVE Felts through facebook, etsy, folksy, wowthankyou and also my own website http://www.lovefelts.co.uk.

Obviously  the VW's are a very niche market so I knew I had to diversify into other designs and I have to say I think I have done this with great success.  I get a lot of custom orders and I will try and create and personalise anything sent my way


A couple of local shops now sell my creations and the business is going from strength to strength.

Here's looking forward to 2012.

Thank you Alice for inspiring me to make changes in my life.  Love and miss ya loads angel. xx 


 

1 comment: